Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 7 in China: Cookies!

The last several days have absolutely flown by. I cannot believe that tomorrow is our last day at the orphanage. I have no idea how I'm going to say goodbye to all these precious kiddos. 

We started off the day by baking cookies with the bigger kids. We made the dough (we chose a snicker doodle recipe) and the kids and nannies helped roll out the dough and used cookie cutters to make different shapes. We ended up using the cinnamon/sugar to just sprinkle on, and even modified it and had the nannies sprinkle on a green tea powder. They were both delicious! It was very fun to see the kids participate and enjoy the treat! We got to enjoy more playtime with the little ones in the afternoon, and I got to hold the baby girl with the cleft again. She is just too precious for words.

Tonight, amidst thinking about goodbyes, I'm also reflecting on what a fun group of women that were brought together on this team. We have 3 under 18 yrs old which I think is absolutely amazing, inspiring and wonderful. I have truly enjoyed getting to know each one of them. 

I am missing home and missing Paul and the kids, but so incredibly thankful to be in China on this incredible journey. Thank you to all who are following. You mean the world to me! 













No comments:

Post a Comment