Sunday, November 2, 2014

Day 3 in China

Even though I've only been in China for a few days, it feels like much longer- in a good way! We've been having so much fun as a team, and making great memories with lots of laughs. 
I'm surprised how much seems familiar in a way from when we traveled to bring Noah home; some of the sights, sounds, smells... I didn't realize all the things I had actually "stored away" that I've recalled since being back. That part I didn't expect or anticipate, and it has been really nice. 

Today we traveled with our guide to the province where the orphanage is located that we will be serving at this week! After checking into our hotel, we had the opportunity to go to a wonderful dinner with the leadership of the orphanage. They were so kind and made us feel very welcome. I will never remember all the dishes we were served, but a few highlights were hot corn juice (beverage- not bad!!), roasted duck, two different kinds of dumplings (my favorite), fish soup (spicy- yum!), shrimp on a stick which they cooked at our table in tinfoil over a flame, complete with eyes (which I peeled to eat), oil rolls with beef and fresh jalapeƱos (also spicy and very good!), noodles, chicken, more bread with a creamy corn sauce, watermelon, a mushroom dish, and tea. Seriously, I know I am missing a few things. Wow. We've really had amazing food this entire trip. 

Tomorrow will be our first day in the orphanage. The first day we will lay eyes on these precious, wonderful children who WE are privileged to play with and get to know this week. 
May we keep our eyes and hearts open, and truly enjoy our time cheerfully serving, joyfully laughing, tireless playing, and intentionally loving. 

I so look forward to capturing pictures and telling the stories of these amazing children. 

Goodnight from China!




No comments:

Post a Comment